Mother’s Day Reading Activity – A heart mobile with a message for Mother
This activity pack offers a ‘Read and Do’ activity especially prepared for Mother’s Day :
- 1. A Heart Mobile – with a message for Mother.
Please view sample pages to the left – (ie):
- page 3 of the student’s task sheets and
- page 1 of Tutor Notes
1. A Heart Mobile – with a message for Mother.
The following reading activity integrates reading for a purpose, comprehension, art and craft, following instructions, development of fine motor skills, hand writing and writing (messages), studying special days, looking at different family structures.
Each child reads and follows instructions, as per lesson task sheets, to make a heart mobile to give to a special person on Mother’s Day and writes a short message to the person for whom the mobile had been made.
Materials needed for each child for this activity:
- 1 piece of paper with half a heart on it and a second piece of paper with half a heart on it (These pieces of paper should be different colours)
- 1 ‘Heart with a message’ sheet
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 sharpened lead pencil
- 1 set of felt pens
- 1 set of colouring in pencils
- 1 eraser
- 1 glue stick
- 50cms string or thin ribbon
- durex tape
- paper punch to share
If you attempt this activity with a Year One or Two class, for instance, you may decide to keep the class together, reading each step together and working each step together.
If you are using this activity with a Year Three or Four class, some of the children may be able to work independently, requiring minimal help and working as a ‘read and do’ activity.